Unclaimed benefits after death.
My father has just past away and in winding up his estate it appears that for the last five years or so he would have been elligible for council tax and housing benefits but being a proud man he never claimed them. My question is can what is in effect an overpayment of both for these past years be claimed back retrospctively to be put back into his estate?
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors
- All Categories
- 338.9K Banking & Borrowing
- 248.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 447.6K Spending & Discounts
- 230.8K Work, Benefits & Business
- 600.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 171.1K Life & Family
- 244K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 15.9K Discuss & Feedback
- 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards