NOW LIVE: The Forum 'Ask An Expert' event. The theme is ENERGY. Please post your questions on bills, switches, alternative fuels etc. Our expert MSE Andrew will answer as many as possible

Sky+ & HD+ - Are your recordings playing back? Check if you 'downgraded' to kids.

blue_monkey_2
blue_monkey_2 Forumite Posts: 11,435 Forumite
Hi all,

We have an issue with our box and would be grateful if others could tell me whether they have the same issues as Sky want me to reformat my Hard Drive and - at the moment - I am not prepared to do this because I do not think this is the issue.

I have taped loads of stuff and have been - until recently - watching them just fine - tonight when I try it tells me I am not subscribed to the channels. I am and can view the channels.

I can no longer watch House which I taped from Sky 2 107 about 3 or 4 months ago. I was watching it last week and am 3/4 way through an episode.

I can no longer watch Modern Family which I taped on Sky 1 - 106 (about a year ago).

Sky 2 used to be on channel 107 but that is now 129
Sky 1 used to be 106 but that is now 170.

Does anyone else have things taped that they can no longer view? They tried to tell me it was because I no longer have the channels but I do, and it is only these 2 channels affected, everything else I can watch absolutely fine.

I find it very suspicious that after the 'package changes', I can no longer watch these. The lady 'downgraded' me to the kids channel and said I would get everything still because the packages changed but it would be worth checking your recordings if you did this - but I still get them so I have no idea why I cannot watch these 2 programmes. I did see Wig had the same issue but was not a subscriber so this is why I thought I would start a new post. Thanks.

Comments

• blue_monkey_2
    edited 29 September 2011 at 10:09AM
    Huge c0ck up with this. I have posted a new thread about this here after speaking to Sky this morning: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=47288895#post47288895

Recorded programmes are now lost forever due t the changeover.
  • almillar
    almillar Forumite Posts: 8,621
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Can't help with the problem, but will maybe help a bit with the reason - Sky reshuffled a lot of the channels so that the HD versions were lower down and easier to find, and swapped them with the SD versions, so for example Sky1 got thrown up higher, and replaced with Sky1HD. Perfectly logical, but so many of the other channels (BBC, ITV, C4, C5) are a complete mess in terms of channel numbers and HD.
  • davemurgatroyd
    davemurgatroyd Forumite Posts: 683 Forumite
    I think the problem is down to your downgrading to just the Kids package before the change in packs - by doing this you cancelled the Entertainment pack which those two channels were in before the change and those recordings were encrypted to that package. Since September 1st you now subscribe to the Entertainment Plus package which now includes those two channels but is not retrospective to their original placement in the Entertainment package. Just an unfortunate side effect of you trying to save too much money by playing the system and cancelling one pack too many.
  • blue_monkey_2
    I think the problem is down to your downgrading to just the Kids package before the change in packs - by doing this you cancelled the Entertainment pack which those two channels were in before the change and those recordings were encrypted to that package. Since September 1st you now subscribe to the Entertainment Plus package which now includes those two channels but is not retrospective to their original placement in the Entertainment package. Just an unfortunate side effect of you trying to save too much money by playing the system and cancelling one pack too many.

Sky offered me it when I called to enquire about the reshuffle as it said online to call if you had not received notification about it. They just offered it to me and said nothing would change, she explained it all to me and assured me I'd not lose anything.

I played no system at all. Sky told me to change to the Kids Pack and I would save £5 a month til Sept 12.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 338.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 248.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 447.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 230.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 600.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 171K Life & Family
  • 244K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure