mis sold mortgage

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaiming Mortgage Fees, Council Tax, etc
10 replies 1.7K views
jennifafajennifafa Forumite
2 Posts
I have been contacted recently about being mis sold my mortgage. I am worries that this is a scam, and that i will pay the fees and not get anything back. The company is Chase Aalexander Associates, does anyo ne know anything about this, is it safe?

Replies

• GMSGMS Forumite
    5.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why do you think your mortgage was mis-sold?
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • magpiecottagemagpiecottage
    9.2K Posts
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    jennifafa wrote: »
    The company is Chase [STRIKE]Aalexander [/STRIKE] Ambulance Associates

They are contacting you because they think they can make money out of you.

Why do you think you might have been the victim of a missold mortgage? The normal reason is inflated income - but this is fraud and the borrower will almost inevitably be complicit in the offence.
  • dunstonhdunstonh Forumite
    107.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I am worries that this is a scam, and that i will pay the fees and not get anything back.

And so you should. There are some scam companies out there that are cold calling and telling you fake reasons why you have been mis-sold all in the attempt to get you to pay an up front amount.

We don't know how your phone call went and cannot comment on the company you mention. However, if you would like to tell us why they told you it was mis-sold we can comment on that. Hopefully, it wont be the usual scam reasons like fees added to mortgage, broker fee too high etc.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Because I didnt show him any audited accounts, I dont even have my accounts audited.
  • dunstonhdunstonh Forumite
    107.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Because I didnt show him any audited accounts, I dont even have my accounts audited.

You dont need your accounts audited if you are self employed.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • jennifafa wrote: »
    Because I didnt show him any audited accounts, I dont even have my accounts audited.

And so, given you're now saying this was a bad thing ('mis sold') why did you go ahead?

this forum has become a f*cking joke
  • roonaldoroonaldo Forumite
    3.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    to avoid going off the topic, yes it sounds like a scam and no from what you have said your mortgage doesnt sound mis-sold.
    9.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    _Andy_ wrote: »
    And so, given you're now saying this was a bad thing ('mis sold') why did you go ahead?

I don't think the OP has said she did.
    9.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    dunstonh wrote: »
    You dont need your accounts audited if you are self employed.

Small limited companies don't need to now either (even the FSA removed the requirement for small IFAs trading as limited companies about 5 years ago).
  • Self-cert loan? Which lender did you take the mortgage out with?
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Lloyds Bank wrongly declares customer dead

Account was closed due to a misreading

MSE News

Cheap home insurance

Grab 100+ buildings insurance quotes & cashback

MSE Guides

£12 for 1L Baileys

Available at Tesco, Morrisons & Asda

MSE Deals