We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

White stuff on rose petals, help please.

Options
Candy53
Candy53 Posts: 2,548 Forumite
Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
Hi everyone,

My hubby bought me a lovely indoor rose pot plant for my birthday a month ago. It was really healthy, and all the beautiful red buds opened up.
It's a thirsty plant, but I've always kept it well watered, and keep it in the sun on the window sill.

I don't know what it's called, as amazingly, it had no info with it. Today though, we noticed this, either white mould, or powder on the top side of the petals, and also on a few of the leaves. It's dotted about. Anyone any ideas on what it could be?

Thanx,
Candy
What goes around, comes around.

Comments

• Jnelhams
    Jnelhams Posts: 1,363 Forumite
    Options
    You have powdery mildew, have a look in you local garden centre for a suitable fungicide.
    My Mind wanders, if found please return.
  • sirbrainy
    sirbrainy Posts: 2,749 Forumite
    Options
    Your rose wants to go outside into some decent soil and with good sun/ air circulation
  • Candy53
    Candy53 Posts: 2,548 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Thanks to both of you for replying.

So the rose wasn't meant to be inside then? Can I put it outside now, or wait for a certain time of the year?

Candy
    What goes around, comes around.
  • kyleleonard
    Options
    Put it in now while the soil's still nice and warm, and cut it back in spring to encourage new growth :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure