claiming interest and PPI on renewed loans

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaiming Mortgage Fees, Council Tax, etc
2 replies 820 views
UniqueableUniqueable Forumite
2 Posts
Hi, please help -does anyone know how to reclaim added interest and PPI on loans when renewed loan and instead of just paying back the initial loan, the interest and PPI was added onto it, (so really had paid twice, once when taking out the loan then added on when renewed ) I hope this makes sense :mad:

Replies

• dunstonhdunstonh Forumite
    107.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    You complain exactly the same way as you do with any complaint about mis-sold PPI. The only difference is that you have to state why each one was mis-sold in your opinion.

In most cases, where the loan doesnt go the distance, a portion of the PPI premium is refunded.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • :DHi- Thankyou for your help, will try this, it may seem like I am wrong in that they added things that shouldnt have been added ( ie- you have loan, interest, PPI and interest for PPI, when paid loan off/renewed, the total above was added to new loan again as existing debt , and Ive looked at agreements and exisitng debt seems to be an awful lot) but will write to them and see what they say. thanks x
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Tesco launches its first ever...

...checkout-free supermarket store

MSE News

25+ ways to stop scams

Plus what to do if you're a victim

MSE Guides

Beauty Advent calendar round-up

The Body Shop, Holland & Barrett etc

MSE Deals