We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

new without a clue

Options
hi i am putting my house up for sale soon and we have a strip of garden/wasteland down the side of our house. We were going to cover it with weed fabric and put chippings on but after getting up this morn, after an extremely windy night the weed fabric has blown up and we put millions of pegs in to keep it down. The ground is really had to dig and full of weeds we did put weedkiller down but the are still growing. I wondered if there was anything you guys knew to help me out to tidy it up and make it look presentable to sell.It is about 10m long by about 1.5m wide oh and need to do as cheaply as poss please.
thanks tvc

Comments

• splodger_seedswapper
    Options
    as soon as you put the bark chippings down - the fabric will stay in place

what i have done for people in the past - is to create an edge to the border, using lengths of rustic wood (i use chestnut as i can get it for nothing - but i guess any straight timber would do)

just staple the fabric to the underside if the wood - so the wood sits ontop of the fabric, so keeps it from blowing around - and when you add the bark chippings - they won't fall all over the place as the wood will keep them from spilling
    saving money by growing my own - much of which gets drunk
    made loads last year :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family