We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Looking for a tree surgeon

MothballsWallet Posts: 15,852 Forumite
Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
I need to get a tree surgeon to remove a tree from the front of my house because the roots could damage the foundations.

Does anyone have any advice for what to look for in a tree surgeon, any professional body memberships or qualifications to look out for?


  • smokeyo
    smokeyo Posts: 35 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    you need an nvq qualification for felling small trees.you need CS30-safe handling and maintenace of cs and also CS31 -felling of small trees (up to 15inches width), and cross cutting.

    for climbing trees you need cs38 + cs39

    i have just passed my cs30 cs31

    hope this helps
  • westiea
    westiea Posts: 432 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Here you go.

    Most importantly check they are insured!!!!!!!!
    Greyer by the minute - Older by the hour - Wiser by the day
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors


  • All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards