We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Free Gardening Advice!

Options
Hi all

I work for charity BTCV and we've just launched an iPhone app (free to download) which is all about food growing.

It lets users enter the size of their plot and discover how much food they can grow, how much money that would save them (on supermarket veg) and how many food miles they can avoid. It also has a monthly planner, loads of food growing tips and advice and a collection of celeb recipes.

You can get it at the app store (just search for BTCV or 'get growing').

Hope you find it useful.

Thanks

Elizabeth

Comments

• Olokia
    Olokia Posts: 905 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Any chance you can put it on android as well please
  • Dotingranny
    Options
    Fabulous idea, but a bit dissapointed to discover the only thing people should be planting in Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec, and Jan is Garlic.
    What about all those fabulous fall planted veg plants that I,m currently drooling over in DT Browns catalogue ?

I,m no expert just a newbie allotmenteer who missed a lot of spring planting. Come on a few winter hardy veggies aren't going to perplex the iphone generation. I'm one of those too.
  • ElizabethBTCV
    Options
    Hi

Really useful to get some feedback so thanks for responding.

Olokia - we're new to apps (and as we're a charity we're on a limited budget) so we thought we'd keep it simple to start with but producing an android version may be something we look at in the future.

Dotingranny - thanks for your comments. We'll take a look at the veg planner for autumn/winter and see if we can add a bit more to that in any future versions/updates. Hope your allotment goes well! My dad's is fab - we've had strawberries, cherries, cauliflower, lettuce and potatoes from it this week! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure