New Credit Card - EU resident not UK

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Credit Cards
2 replies 2.1K views
jacques_2jacques_2 Forumite
1 Post
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Credit Cards
Can I successfully apply for UK credit card whilst living in France? I'm a British citizen, have a UK current account and hold other UK credit cards using French address. If yes, any recommendations etc?
jacques

Replies

• GalstonianGalstonian Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    I don't think the card issuers like you to have a non-UK address when you apply, I have no experience of applying for UK cards from overseas though.
  • newsmonkeynewsmonkey Forumite
    201 Posts
    I also live in France, but have a British bank account and a UK address I can use for receiving mail, and have had no problem applying for credit card, bank account etc.

I think the UK address is the important bit here. The Post Office let you redirect mail to an overseas address, £13 a month, £66 a year, but that might be greater than the benefits of having the aforementioned cards...

Whether it's within the terms and conditions is another matter. Technically I spend more than 50% of the year overseas, but with a "permanent" address in the UK, and with that being where most of my income is earnt, I think its more or less justified.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals