Moving house & credit card applications.

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Credit Cards
2 replies 1.2K views
Daytona_nevDaytona_nev Forumite
1.4K Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Credit Cards
I have sold my house & am within 6 weeks of moving.

I am currently also renting in a shared house & am getting close to the end of the introductary period on my current card. (May-June )

Would it be best to make my application sooner, i.e. before i move house, as i appreciate that living in a new plan place may affect my credit rating.

I have lived in my current property for over 3 years & have built up a very good credit history so am concerned about whether my rating is likely to plummet because i'm no longer a home owner & renting.

Replies

• bea_3bea_3 Forumite
    3 Posts
    Its probablt too late but...

It is definately advisable to apply before moving as it will take a while for you to be placed on the electorall roll and CRA's data and these factors will reduce the chance of your application being accepted.

I applied for my credit card in August before I moved in September and I have not had my data updated on the experion files even though I've been hassling them! My 0% is up in May!
  • smartsaversmartsaver Forumite
    968 Posts
    I would ask for a copy of your credit rating report a month or so after moving in to make sure the previous owners details are deleted and yours are correct. Best to get your credit record straight before applying for cards. Experian give a months free trial.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Students - apply for uni funding NOW

If you plan to get a place via 'clearing'

MSE News

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides