Growing My Own 2011

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Greenfingered MoneySaving
9 replies 1K views
raphaniusraphanius Forumite
1.3K Posts
Part of the Furniture Photogenic Combo Breaker
✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Greenfingered MoneySaving
This is my garden so far veg wise, runner and french beans, some nadine spuds in the bag and loads of onions i got for free from one of my customers who owns a garden centre. Oregano grows freely and still indoors to go out is thyme, chives, basil and rosemary.

PICS

a huge thankyou to you lovely msers for all your advice and encouragement.
Wins: 2008: £606.10 2009: £806.24 2010: £713.47 2011: 328.32

Replies

• DavesnaveDavesnave Forumite
    34.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    76 views and not one of 'em has bothered to thank you!:(

Well, on behalf of the other 75, I'd like to say well done, not only for starting to grow some of your food, but for taking the time to share. I don't do Facebook, but have to say those pics loaded faster than any I've seen on here. :)
  • diddly74diddly74 Forumite
    804 Posts
    I too didn't want to read and run. Congrats Deb on your start. I got an allotment last month and I too hope to be growing the majority of my veg over the next 12 months. Missed a lot of things already this year but there is so much more I can experiment with whilst getting the lottie ready. You have inspired me to take some pics and get them posted!!!!
    Donna
    Economy; careful management; providence. Whether you call it thrifty or frugality it all comes down to getting more for your money.
  • Mrs_DominoMrs_Domino Forumite
    214 Posts
    Hi,

I'm not allowed on facebook at work but will come back tonight to see how you have got on. I'm a first time 'proper' grower this year and always like seeing how everyone else has done things as I may steal a few ideas ;)
  • Mrs_Veg_PlotMrs_Veg_Plot Forumite
    960 Posts
    Looking good. I always like looking at pics of other peoples veg gardening.
    I am playing all of the right notes just not necessarily in the right order :D.
  • angelavdavisangelavdavis Forumite
    4.7K Posts
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Well done on your veggie progress!;)
    :D Thanks to MSE, I am mortgage free!:D
  • Mrs_DominoMrs_Domino Forumite
    214 Posts
    Looks good! Are they leeks you have got in or spring onions?
  • Looking good. I always like looking at pics of other peoples veg gardening.

Me Too:)

Great Pics and some good ideas - I keep forgetting to use some pots for carrots and leeks.

Got back in tonight to find half my re-potted plugs dead as I had forgotten to water the greenhouse this morning:( Also a couple of capsicum plants and one of my courgette plants is looking iffy - so cross with myself:mad:
  • diddly74diddly74 Forumite
    804 Posts
    I too hang my head in shame - I forgot to tend to the mini greenhouse I have in the back garden before I went out to do the weekly shop early this morning - poor poor plants :-O. I forgot to even open the door!!! They are all now in the shade having had a cool bath. Keep your fingers crossed.
    Donna
    Economy; careful management; providence. Whether you call it thrifty or frugality it all comes down to getting more for your money.
  • oldtractoroldtractor Forumite
    2.3K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeahhhhhhhh fantastic. Great start. I love veggie gardening.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

Cuts announced to alcohol and air passenger duties

And the levy on fuel frozen for 12th year in a row

MSE News

Autumn Budget 2021: full round-up

From minimum wage increases to fuel duty freezes

MSE News