Just as I thought - the latest from Maidstone CAB.

Options
rira
rira Posts: 40 Forumite
Apparently, according to Maidstone CAB - since we're a couple we have to do the DRO jointly :cool:

I know this is wrong.

They also want us to come in with SoAs, and "look everything over" before letting us talk to anyone, so I can ask how they want the SoAs lol.

Also, I do not think Maidstone CAB even *has* Approved Intermedioaries because the woman in the money advice section did not know what this was.

I had to explain the criteria for a DRO, etc and she still drew a blank.

Still on hold - 26 minutes and counting.

That will be fun for my phone bill.

I cannot believe it.

Actually I CAN - given that this was exactly what happened in January.

So, to return to my first question to this board:
To whom shall I turn?

I am guessing National Debtline?

:(

Comments

• DrSqueeze
    DrSqueeze Posts: 914 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Have you tried the Consumer Credit Counselling Service (CCCS) ?

Might be as good a place to start as any.
  • rira
    Options
    and now, finally off the phone - and I was told that I was incorrect, that all assistance is free, and there's no charge and when I said I could email a PDF concerning DROs to them, for clarification, I was told "I don't need to see that because that's not my job."

I explained, calmly, that the fee is paid to the Insolvency Service - not to them and well. No one actually knew what I was one about.

Sigh.
  • immoral_angeluk
    immoral_angeluk Posts: 24,506 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    rira wrote: »
    and now, finally off the phone - and I was told that I was incorrect, that all assistance is free, and there's no charge and when I said I could email a PDF concerning DROs to them, for clarification, I was told "I don't need to see that because that's not my job."

I explained, calmly, that the fee is paid to the Insolvency Service - not to them and well. No one actually knew what I was one about.

Sigh.
    Sonds like they don't deal with DROs and don't have any intermediaries. At the very least they should be able to refer you to an AI. Time to find another!
    Total 'Failed Business' Debt £29,043
    Que sera, sera. <3
  • immoral_angeluk
    immoral_angeluk Posts: 24,506 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I would also consider sending in a complaint to their manager in all honesty, as the only way things will change with them is if they are brought to light. They should be giving full advice and debt relief orders or be able to refer you to someone who can.
    Total 'Failed Business' Debt £29,043
    Que sera, sera. <3
  • rira
    Options
    Hello,

They sent me to PayPlan.
  • SouthCoast
    SouthCoast Posts: 1,985 Forumite
    edited 31 May 2011 at 1:06PM
    Options
    I would also consider sending in a complaint to their manager in all honesty, as the only way things will change with them is if they are brought to light. They should be giving full advice and debt relief orders or be able to refer you to someone who can.

http://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/index/aboutus/complaints_policy.htm

And:

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/bankruptcy/DRO/auth.htm
  • Payplan_company_representative
    Payplan_company_representative Posts: 133 Organisation Representative
    Options
    We have a team of highly qualified people who work on DRO applications. We have several intermediaries who will be able to assist you during every step of your DRO.

You are correct in that you have to pay a small fee to the Insolvancy Service. Last time I checked, this was £90 and you pay it at the Post Office. However that is all you will pay.

Good luck with everything, if you have any questions, then please do not hesitate to ask.
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Payplan. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • rira
    Options
    We have a team of highly qualified people who work on DRO applications. We have several intermediaries who will be able to assist you during every step of your DRO.

Except I have JUST spoken to someone at PayPlan (0800 280 2816) and was referred over to National Debt Line.

If you really DO have people who can help sort out our DROs, I would love a PM of the right number to call.

Thank you!
  • wba31
    wba31 Posts: 2,189 Forumite
    Options
    rira wrote: »
    Except I have JUST spoken to someone at PayPlan (0800 280 2816) and was referred over to National Debt Line.

If you really DO have people who can help sort out our DROs, I would love a PM of the right number to call.

Thank you!

If i were you I'd deal with CCCS or NDL directly. Both have respective DRO teams that will deal with your case once referred.

I know with CCCS you could input your details on the website (www.cccs.co.uk) and it will complete the process quite quickly
  • rira
    Options
    ^5 and thanks :-) I have just come off the phone with them - they have done a JOINT budget - £21 surplus between us - sending DRO pack out by email. Seems they realise that though they do the budget and bills jointly, (why?) the DROs must be separate.

So, I guess the DRO unit just looks through it to see how to split it up?:)
    wba31 wrote: »
    If i were you I'd deal with CCCS ...
    I know with CCCS you could input your details on the website (www.cccs.co.uk) and it will complete the process quite quickly

It was about 1 hour on phone all told.

Hopefully this will all work right - but I guess it needs some time for the dro unit to get our details.

:-)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport