free trees, shrubs and plants???

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Greenfingered MoneySaving
4 replies 807 views
ljagnew_2ljagnew_2 Forumite
16 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Greenfingered MoneySaving
Anyone have any links to anywhere where i can get any free trees etc? moved house have a whole garden to fill!
July wins - Cushelle koala, waggs dog treats, rice krispie squares, rubiks cube,:rotfl:

Replies

• kazschowkazschow Forumite
    436 Posts
    watch on freecycle, folks are always clearing stuff out of their gardens.
  • lostinrateslostinrates Forumite
    55.3K Posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    ljagnew wrote: »
    Anyone have any links to anywhere where i can get any free trees etc? moved house have a whole garden to fill!

Cuttings, seeds and friends. Probably worth looking at low spend as well as n spend...cheap fruit trees from lidl/aldi/pound land.

Also, might be worth seeing if there is a local gardening club. we have one I keep meaning to join. I understand lots of people have got plants through neighbours in the gardening club. e.g. I have LOADS of lilac suckers and seedlings. I'd be willing to give a neighbour a few for nothing, or perhaps a favour....
  • peter_the_piperpeter_the_piper Forumite
    30.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not quite free but Focus are closing down and selling off at silly prices.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • 3v33v3 Forumite
    1.4K Posts
    ljagnew wrote: »

Check your council website. Last year a friend of mine moved and the council were running a "free tree" scheme. She got 25 trees for free :beer: I've checked the website this year and (at the moment) it says the scheme is closed for 2010, but I'm keeping an eye on it - think last years scheme went up around the beginning of July anyway.

You order early; pick up the bare rooted trees in November/December. Oh, and you can purchase more for ludicrously cheap prices!!

So, basically, depends if your council runs a similar scheme; if they have the budget to continue this scheme and if they decide to run it this year.

25 free trees must be worth the search though :)
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Tesco launches its first ever...

...checkout-free supermarket store

MSE News

25+ ways to stop scams

Plus what to do if you're a victim

MSE Guides

Beauty Advent calendar round-up

The Body Shop, Holland & Barrett etc

MSE Deals