We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Difference in these lawnmowers? Which one?

Options

Comments

• alleycat`
    alleycat` Posts: 1,901 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Usually comes down to weight and storage.

People will pay a premium for smaller things (slimline dishwashers are a prime example).

Can't say i understand the logic :-)
  • poly1
    poly1 Posts: 409 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I would say unless you have significant storage problems go with the cheaper larger one. It has a more powerful engine, also has a Mulching function, the grass box is bigger and a bigger cut width meaning you can cut your lawn quicker. Unless of course you have a difficult shaped lawn and will find the larger one harder to manoeuver (bearing in mind the larger one weighs more too). Have you been to look at them?
    Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death.
    Earl Wilson
  • shell820810
    shell820810 Posts: 393 Forumite
    Options
    poly1 wrote: »
    I would say unless you have significant storage problems go with the cheaper larger one. It has a more powerful engine, also has a Mulching function, the grass box is bigger and a bigger cut width meaning you can cut your lawn quicker. Unless of course you have a difficult shaped lawn and will find the larger one harder to manoeuver (bearing in mind the larger one weighs more too). Have you been to look at them?

Only one is instore, the other is home delivery. Havent seen either. Hubby gets the privilege of mowing the lawn. The cheaper one did seem the better mower, but I was wondering if I was missing something. Dont mind about the weight, as I say, hubbys job!
    We borrow the inlaws at the minute, but we really need our own, and havent a clue what to look for (apart from petrol self propelled) so thought this would probably do ok.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport