Help with Mortgage Protection Insurance Problem

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaiming Mortgage Fees, Council Tax, etc
1 reply 670 views
Liverbird68_2Liverbird68_2 Forumite
1 Post
Can anyone help!

Background:

I took a Mortgage Protection Policy out with M&SFS in 2001 for sickness, accident and unemployment - I have the original policy documentation. This policy was then transferred a few years later to Cardif Pinnacle who continued to take the same amount from my bank account up until 2006 when I phoned them to change the amount of cover as my mortgage had increased with home improvements.

I was made redundant in Dec 2010 and phoned them to notify them of this. To my horror I was informed that I was only covered for accident and sickness. They also had my address totally wrong and had me down as living in Bishopsgate London - never lived there.

I have now sent a complaint in to them as I wish to claim on my policy and am waiting to here there decision.

Question:

As I have the original documentation and have only ever notified them of an increase in cover. Where do I stand?

Replies

• dunstonhdunstonh Forumite
    107.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    As I have the original documentation and have only ever notified them of an increase in cover. Where do I stand?

What is your complaint?
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

17 Netflix hacks

Cut costs & get more from your subscription

MSE Guides

Beauty Advent calendar round-up

Incl M&S calendar release date

MSE Deals