We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

What's Growing in Your Greenhouse?

Options
Well mine is stuffed - too much in there really and some things I wonder if they should even be in there in the first place! Maybe someone could advise if any of the following should be outside!

Here goes,

80 Geranium bedding plants

42 French Vanilla Marigolds

200 Begonia plugs

50 small pots of Cala Lily bulbs

12 medium pots of Cala Lilys

6 pots with Pineapple Lilys

20 pot seed tray - beetroot

20 pot seed tray mange tout

20 French Beans in loo rolls

6 Pepper plants

2 Cucumber

1 last courgette - others are in patch

20 Tomato plants - sweet baby and Gardeners Delight

6 Water Melon seedlings (5 germinated)

10 Sweetcorn

100 Bizzie Lizzy plugs

1 pot of chives

2 pots Livingstone Daisy seedlings

Of all the above, the begonias don't look the happiest - how long before they should be put outside?

I have already put the petunias (200) outdoors on shelving due to lack of space and they are getting mullered in the winds all this week! :mad:

Comments

• Lotus-eater
    Lotus-eater Posts: 10,789 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Everything of mine is outside now, the only things in my greenhouse are the tomatoes and marigolds, some dwarf beans I'm growing for the local show and my lemon bush............ and my DS, who seems to want to move in full time :)
    Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.
  • newsgroup_monkey
    Options
    I have lots still in my greenhouse - I'm trying to push them hard as I started stuff a bit late - currently Brussels, replacement dwarf green beans, Sweetcorn

Chillis, Peppers, Toms

Also backup-cukes, squashes and next years strawberries which will probably over-winter there too.

Plus in the coldframes, have some begonias (around 200), clematis, other flowery things, smaller tomato plants.....

And the mini-greenhouses are about to be filled with tomatoes and peppers.
    The smaller the monkey the more it looks like it would kill you at the first given opportunity.
  • funkymonkey849
    Options
    Loads in my mini greenhouse!
    • Lots of bush tomatoes
    • Radishes (these got munched by cabbage root maggot so now we grow them in pots in the greenhouse)
    • Runner and dwarf beans - nearly ready to be planted out
    • A small pumpkin plant - a bush variety that grows in a pot
    • About 100,000,000 spiders
  • newsgroup_monkey
    Options
    Loads in my mini greenhouse!
    • About 100,000,000 spiders

Beats my 100,000,000 slugs I had before I put out beer traps and salted the base
    The smaller the monkey the more it looks like it would kill you at the first given opportunity.
  • officeguru
    officeguru Posts: 725 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    loads of tomatoes, cucumbers, melons, (my first cucumber is about 3 inches long....) double bizzy lizzies.. fuschias, courgettes... also in 3 very large cold frames, 2 tall plastic greenhouses, 1 small plastic greenhouse, 2 cold frames housing hundreds of bedding plants - petunias, fuschias, bizzy lizzies, at loads more besides... I kept buying them from t&M when they had them reduced from 9.99 to 2.99 and used the free postage code.... plus all the seeds I planted in the first instance... so I am busy, busy, busy.... I have started hardening them off... Had the tents opened but left the netting zipped... tomorrow, I'll start opening up the netting...

Cheers
  • rabidbun
    rabidbun Posts: 321 Forumite
    Options
    Four red alert toms, four larger tomato plants (some F1 or other), four bloody butcher toms, 7 melon plants, 5 cucumber plants (keeping two), four chilli plants and a centiflor tomato variety. All the other tomatoes (bush and basket types) and the courgette went outside once they were potted up, either into the final place or onto my decking to cope if they can. It's a harsh year for the GH plants this year. ;)
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,331 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Loads of empty pots & seed trays, last years spent grow bags, some new strawberry plants getting settled into pots prior to planting out later in year, and my peach in a large pot with loads of peaches swelling, first fruiting year, bought 2009 and looking forward to the harvest
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • suisidevw
    suisidevw Posts: 2,256 Forumite
    Options
    Couple of cucumbers, loads of pots of different lettuce, few containers of carrots, tomatoes, pots of chillis, sweet peppers, herbs, begonias, cosmos......

Is there any negatives to leaving the carrots, beetroot, radish etc in their containers in the greenhouse or should they all be placed outside?!

Thanks,
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    Only have a little plastic one.

Four tomato plants - Sungold, I think. In a grobag. First time I've done it 'properly' so don't know what to expect. Lots of string supports - looks like a cross between a spider's web and cat's cradle in there.

Oh, and usually a couple of bumble bees - I think they have an entrance/exit to their nest there.

Everything else is outside - just taken the sheet of glass off the tub that contains some maize and some beans, because everything has grown so much.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • Lotus-eater
    Lotus-eater Posts: 10,789 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oh, and usually a couple of bumble bees - I think they have an entrance/exit to their nest there.
    Oh my god! Your kids are going to die!

And next doors.
    Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure