We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Greenhouse base

Options
Bunnygirl
Bunnygirl Posts: 387 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
I would like to be a glow-worm.
A glow-worm's never glum.
Its hard to be downhearted when the sun shines out your bum.

Comments

• marineville
    marineville Posts: 23 Forumite
    Options
    measure it properly as i've found that, in a typical 8' 6" x 6' 6" greenhouse that the angles are so steep as to really compromise the use of it... you're only able to walk down the middle stood up and the number of times i've walked into the glass on each side when gardening is ridiculous. i've now put mine on wooden 3" x 3" timber and it's still not high enough... now thinking of putting it on tailway sleepers or building a small wall to give me the satisfactory height i need...

that said, you can just lay slabs and the weight of the glass (which is enormous) will keep it down without any fixtures...

hope my experience helps...
  • Bunnygirl
    Bunnygirl Posts: 387 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for yor help never thought of the height of the greenhouse thanks for pointing that out.
    I would like to be a glow-worm.
    A glow-worm's never glum.
    Its hard to be downhearted when the sun shines out your bum.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport