We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Water butt and Plum tree

Options
danlojo
danlojo Posts: 564 Forumite
Different advice needed on the above.

We have a water butt which is saving a fortune as we are on a meter but do we have to treat the water if it stands for a while?

Plum tree has been in about 4 weeks now. Well watered and fed but looking very sorry for itself....any ideas how to give it a boost or have I killed it off?

Thankyou if you get chance to reply :D
Life is a rollercoaster.....ya just gotta ride it:whistle:

Comments

• splodger_seedswapper
    Options
    re water in the butt - as long as you keep a lid on the top - there should be no need to treat it in any way ;)

re plum tree - i was looking at a few trees yesterday that appear to be a bit worse for wear - the dry weather has not helped the trees that i looked at, but they had also been badly attacked by insects and many of the fruitlets had dropped of already (frost and wind damage in this instance)

what i am trying to say is that young trees can suffer from a number of complaints but if kept watered in dry weather, they will normally survive

for the future - i would always recommend planting trees when they are dormant or only just waking from the winter - it will cause less stress to them and they will require little or no mollycoddling ;)
    saving money by growing my own - much of which gets drunk
    made loads last year :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family