We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Help! Tomato Leaf Curl

Options
purplepardalis
purplepardalis Posts: 671 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 17 May 2011 at 11:10PM in Gardening
About 80% of my tomato plants have developed a leaf curl. My internet research has turned up many different reasons and I have no idea what to do next. Curl is on the upper leaves - no droopy leaves. Plants are currently in the greenhouse with doors and windows open and are due to be transplanted to the allotment this weekend.

Have any of you ever had the same problem? If so, what did you do and what was the outcome?

*Photos now added below*

Many thanks

PP

Comments

• Sally_A
    Sally_A Posts: 2,266 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Probably a fluctuation in temperature, not a virus.

Don't panic if the leaves look a healthy green.
  • purplepardalis
    Options
    Hmmmm, just going out to the greenhouse to check. I'll be so upset if they're ruined. Home grown tomatoes are my favourite part of the summer - I loathe paying for them the rest of the year!
  • mrbadexample
    mrbadexample Posts: 10,805 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    I had this last year (and this too, by the looks). It didn't prevent any of them cropping well, so don't worry. :)
    If you lend someone a tenner and never see them again, it was probably worth it.
  • purplepardalis
    purplepardalis Posts: 671 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 17 May 2011 at 11:08PM
    Options
    The first 2 are the poorly ones and the last is a normal one in the same greenhouse

[IMG][/img]photo1.jpg

[IMG][/img]photo2.jpg

[IMG][/img]photo3.jpg
  • purplepardalis
    Options
    Any more ideas guys? Your help is much appreciated
  • grandmaster00
    Options
    cant see pics as am at work

its not aminopyralid damage is it? search online youll find pics
  • gardenroute
    gardenroute Posts: 232 Forumite
    Options
    I think they're fine, just sulking a bit. Not an experienced tom grower but maybe the soil is too wet for them atm. They need less water in cooler weather, maybe you have over watered them slightly since the hot spell?
    They'll be fine in a week.
  • dbt3mummy
    dbt3mummy Posts: 199 Forumite
    Options
    Mine larger ones have done the same - never thought it could be down to over watering so will hold off for a couple of days and see if it makes a difference - - they are flowering though so hopefully it's a good sign!
    Cabot (0%) left to pay £2455 let the overpayments commence! :D
  • purplepardalis
    Options
    Thanks for the advice everyone. They are still alive at the moment so fingers crossed. I'm going to plant them out tomorrow
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure