We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Slideshow of my roses and flowers in my garden

Options
brogusblue
brogusblue Posts: 547 Forumite
First Post
Here's a slideshow of my roses and flowers that are flowering in my garden as of today.. :) Click on the pic to start

th_DSCF0837-1.jpg

Comments

• jenie_2
    jenie_2 Posts: 491 Forumite
    Options
    The roses are gorgeous, but the poppies and the honeysuckle are stunning, I'm envious :D
  • yumyums
    yumyums Posts: 686 Forumite
    Options
    I love seeing photos!
    Do you know the variety of the yellow rose?
    And what's the pink & white speckled / marbled flower

Your garden must be beautiful
  • brogusblue
    First Post
    Options
    jenie wrote: »
    The roses are gorgeous, but the poppies and the honeysuckle are stunning, I'm envious :D

Thanks .. :) The honeysuckle was dumped in the lanes near me still in its large pot and butchered to near death.. so i picked it up and up it a quiet spot and left it for a year and slowly it started to regrow.. This the 3rd year that i have had it.. it was planted last year so its done very well best its every looked and smell is mind blowing especialy in the evening ... The poppies i brought off ebay as plugs last year.
  • brogusblue
    First Post
    Options
    yumyums wrote: »
    I love seeing photos!
    Do you know the variety of the yellow rose?
    And what's the pink & white speckled / marbled flower

Your garden must be beautiful

The Red and white rose is Calpyso its a climber..

The yellow roses are Korresia and Arthur Bell..

The names should show on the slideshow
  • yumyums
    yumyums Posts: 686 Forumite
    Options
    brogusblue wrote: »
    The Red and white rose is Calpyso its a climber..

The yellow roses are Korresia and Arthur Bell..

The names should show on the slideshow

OOps I hadn't scrolled down enough, sorry :embarasse

Thanks

Really like the calypso one
  • jenie_2
    jenie_2 Posts: 491 Forumite
    Options
    brogusblue wrote: »
    Thanks .. :) The honeysuckle was dumped in the lanes near me still in its large pot and butchered to near death.. so i picked it up and up it a quiet spot and left it for a year and slowly it started to regrow.. This the 3rd year that i have had it.. it was planted last year so its done very well best its every looked and smell is mind blowing especialy in the evening ... The poppies i brought off ebay as plugs last year.

You've done a great job saving the honeysuckle, the smell is mind blowing I agree, it always reminds me of my childhood because it grew wild in the hedgerows at the back of our house. Another that grew there was p...y willow, I love that too.
  • brogusblue
    First Post
    Options
    Here's another shot of the honeysuckle ..
    th_DSCF0849.jpg

I do have a website about my garden .. if you click on my username the link is there .. :)
  • bottleblonde
    Options
    What beautiful flowers! Thank you for sharing. I have to admit I'm not a flower person, more leaf / foliage for me. But I have got an Alfred Carriere which despite my best efforts comes back year after year :o Already blooming away.. I had a good 'bury my nose' session after work day today :D

I love the honeysuckle too. I have one growing in the front garden which has been there for years and I can't remember it ever having a decent showing of flowers. I've taken some cuttings this year and they seem to be thriving. It'll be a fair while before they'll be big enough to plant out but I'm hoping if I dot them around the back garden (in an attempt to cover several delapidated fence panels), they'll be even just a smidgen as beautiful as yours.
    My passions: my 2 sons, gardening & The Arsenal
    My frustrations: my 2 sons, gardening & The Arsenal
    (and not necessarily in that order ;))
  • brogusblue
    First Post
    Options
    My Madame alfred carrier rose is 4 years old now and its the best its ever looked..

I have justed ordered off ebay a large climbing rose jasmine,white/yellow honeysuckle to complete the arch in the front garden..

Won't belong untill the lillies start flowering..

Everything has gone mad :) even the weeks :eek::mad:..

I have had some nightmares this year lily beetle, snails, greenfly on mass .. and then the bindweed by the bucketload..

Oh joys of gardening.. :rotfl:
  • lolly5648
    lolly5648 Posts: 2,257 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I can't get the slideshow to work in Chrome, all I get is a single pic of a pink rose:(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure