We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Moving Raspberries now?

Options
quietheart
quietheart Posts: 1,875 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker
I've got crazy raspberries popping up in all the wrong places, they are a mix of summer and autumn fruiting canes.
I love raspberries but they are keeping light from other plants so I need to move them soon but don't want to lose them.
What's the best thing to do:o

Comments

• Primrose
    Primrose Posts: 10,623 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Well, they're about to grow much taller very quickly so I'd dig around the roots as deeply as you can now, dig them out and replant them where you want them to go. Don't do it if frost is forecast and water them in very well, and keep them watered so the roots never dry out.
    And try to plant the summer and autumn varieties in different locations so you don't get them mixed up as they are pruned differently. The autumn fruiting varieties are cut back down to the ground after they've finished fruiting.
  • quietheart
    quietheart Posts: 1,875 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for that. Whenever I've moved summer ones they seem to die back but pop up the following year. I don't know if that's normal or me not looking after them properly.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure