EGG card ppi

I am going to try and reclaim the ppi on my Egg card. I cannot remember exactly when it was taken out or whether it was on-line or over the phone. Have been through my old papers and cannot finc a copy agreement. Would it be worth putting in a SAR rather than just requesting the terms and conditions?

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Hi there

You can do so if you want to, I was going to say though, just as long as you have the account number, and you defo knew you were mis sold and paying out for it, you could have still continued to make a reclaim.

There is a full SAR template letter below, tweak to your requirements if you want to, and you enclose £10 cheque or postal order, they have 40 calendar days to comply.
    Good luck.
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=1475553
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • Hi all

I got my egg ppi back about a month ago after sending just one letter - the first letter template which can be found on this website. It was a cheque for just over £350 and very welcome! They paid out BEFORE the ruling on april 20th too!

Lady bez I didnt have any statement or any dates BUT i signed up for experian and equifax and got my credit report free - all the details I needed were on there!

Remember to cancel above though - once you have your info you can print it off and wont need them again - it costs nothing as long as cancelled within one month

I have about five other card claims pending now and hope to get paid back £1000s especially with the hearing result the other week

Good luck to all x
  • amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,004
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Hi all

I got my egg ppi back about a month ago after sending just one letter - the first letter template which can be found on this website. It was a cheque for just over £350 and very welcome! They paid out BEFORE the ruling on april 20th too!

Lady bez I didnt have any statement or any dates BUT i signed up for experian and equifax and got my credit report free - all the details I needed were on there!

Remember to cancel above though - once you have your info you can print it off and wont need them again - it costs nothing as long as cancelled within one month

I have about five other card claims pending now and hope to get paid back £1000s especially with the hearing result the other week

Good luck to all x
    :T Congrats on your win :j:j
  • RED_FRANKIE
    RED_FRANKIE Posts: 23 Forumite
    Hi everyone

Just a quick update re PPI specifically Egg - they paid me out around £350 a while back and have just written to me again advising that following a review regarding the 'new rules' ( their words) - that they need to pay me another couple of hundred.

I am obviously delighted with this. If anyone has been paid out by EGG there is every chance they owe you more.

Also. any other payouts need a follow up letter saying, thanks but is there a new calculation ( ie more interest) due now re the 'new rules '?

Good luck and best wishes
  • Can I ask what address you will be sending your PPI claim to?
  • brownie4583
    brownie4583 Posts: 105 Forumite
    I claimed PPI on an Egg loan from 2005-2008 and received £4,100 around a year ago,due to the new guidelines i have now received another cheque for £4,500 :j
    Money does not bring happiness...but if you are already happy it does bloody help! :rotfl:
  • mofopants
    mofopants Posts: 274
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Egg wrote to me this morning to say i'd ticked a box when applying for my credit card and they won't be upholding my claim - boo!
  • teddy54
    teddy54 Posts: 62 Forumite
    Is that the end of it, or is it worth challenging?
    I ask because I opened a credit card account online too, also one with marbles (HFC) and would like to know if it is worth taking further.
    Can anybody help?
  • teddy54
    teddy54 Posts: 62 Forumite
    .... anybody any ideas? Thanks.
  • geordie28
    geordie28 Posts: 46
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi all

Good luck to all x

can i ask what info you used? i have signed up to both equifax and experian and i cant view any account numbers?? i know i had accounts with them but capital one dont know i ever existed without an account number. egg still havnt replied to my first letter
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure