IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

dont pay any tickets or fines ever

:)dont know if im allowed to post this :) but after recently getting a fine /ticket i found an interesting piece of law which is this

common law 1698 states that no man may be disseased of his freehold or given fine ,forfeiture or penalty without jury of his peers,

section 12 article 2 says all fines forfeitures and penalties given before conviction will be declared illegal null and void ,

after researching this i have found that it is not repealed by the 1974 traffic act as it is statute

i will state here i take no responsability for any one using this piece of law for illegal purposes and i am not a solicitor and am not offering legal advice

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Haven't seen this for at least 2 months. Every now and then it gets 'discovered' and is a load of ****
  • taffy056
    taffy056 Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    Tell you what try saying that to bailiff when he takes your car because you have ignored a council PCN or police FPN , relying on something that is over 300 years old will get you into a pile of trouble.

Best of luck by the way, on here pepipoo and CAG we will give the best advice, come back when you are clamped we will help you ;)
    Excel Parking, MET Parking, Combined Parking Solutions, VP Parking Solutions, ANPR PC Ltd, & Roxburghe Debt Collectors. What do they all have in common?
    They are all or have been suspended from accessing the DVLA database for gross misconduct!
    Do you really need to ask what kind of people run parking companies?
  • esmerobbo
    esmerobbo Posts: 4,979 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    This argument has been kicked out of court so many times it has a bruised ar5e!
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,408 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    rayla wrote: »
    :)dont know if im allowed to post this :) but after recently getting a fine /ticket i found an interesting piece of law which is this

common law 1698 states that no man may be disseased of his freehold or given fine ,forfeiture or penalty without jury of his peers,

section 12 article 2 says all fines forfeitures and penalties given before conviction will be declared illegal null and void ,

after researching this i have found that it is not repealed by the 1974 traffic act as it is statute

i will state here i take no responsability for any one using this piece of law for illegal purposes and i am not a solicitor and am not offering legal advice

This is old news and a load of rubbish I am afraid.

But of course it is true to say you must never pay any private parking charges, ever!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure