VCS - I am losing my nerve to ignore

I have now received my 3rd letter re: Final Demand Prior to Court Action" beginning to lose my nerve to ignore it, should I write a letter saying I am appealling it?

Replies

• morganedgemorganedge Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    No letter. Keep nerve. Ignore 'em.
  • Watch these videos from the BBC Watchdog team, it may help you have some spine.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3164256
    Excel Parking, MET Parking, Combined Parking Solutions, VP Parking Solutions, ANPR PC Ltd, & Roxburghe Debt Collectors. What do they all have in common?
    They are all or have been suspended from accessing the DVLA database for gross misconduct!
    Do you really need to ask what kind of people run parking companies?
  • McKneffMcKneff Forumite
    38.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stand your ground, we are all behind you on this.
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • AlexisVAlexisV Forumite
    1.9K Posts
    There is no appeal process. You can either ignore or pay.

I'd ignore.
  • HO87HO87 Forumite
    4.3K Posts
    I refer you to this thread. VCS are unlikely to do court any time soon. If they do they'll have to pay VAT on any of the damages they get.
    My very sincere apologies for those hoping to request off-board assistance but I am now so inundated with requests that in order to do justice to those "already in the system" I am no longer accepting PM's and am unlikely to do so for the foreseeable future (August 2016). :(

For those seeking more detailed advice and guidance regarding small claims cases arising from private parking issues I recommend that you visit the Private Parking forum on PePiPoo.com
  • Hi
    This is my first post on this forum,
    I am also on my third letter from VCS - ignore it

Its my third time at getting letters from them for parking, the first time the ticket was nonsense and I appealed, with witnesses including a police officer backing my appeal against overstay. The appeal was "rejected" out of hand, I got so irate at the tone of the letters I began firing back equally silly missives, including billing them for my time, after a while they gave up. Second time and this time I just ignored and ignore them.

You will probably get a letter threatening you with the visit from a debt collection agency - no-one will turn up, I speak from experience. If you are lucky they will use the word bailiff in their empty threat, It is all hollow scare tactics. Ignore they will give up eventually, their threats are hollow, and in some cases I believe illegal - especially if the threaten to sic "balliffs" onto you - they cannot without a court judgement which WILL NOT HAPPEN. Excuse the shouty capitals

But I have to admit, that because of my experience the first time, when I tried to be reasonable and discovered what a pointless exercise in futility it is as, you are dealing wth nothing more than short con scam artists, and how offensive and indeed threatening these jokers can be, I now park in VCS controlled car parks and don't pay, deliberately and with malice aforthought. Just to make them spend money sending the letter chain.
  • peter_the_piperpeter_the_piper Forumite
    30.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    By all means continue to ignore them but please don't deliberately park and not pay if it is a pay car park. We are against the carp reasons they give to con you but not against the landowner getting his fair due. If everyone did this car parks would close and it would be a lot worse for all.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • chipsdog wrote: »
    I have now received my 3rd letter re: Final Demand Prior to Court Action" beginning to lose my nerve to ignore it, should I write a letter saying I am appealling it?

!!!!!! read the 3500 other threads about PPCs. Nowhere, I repeat NOWHERE is it recommended that anyone appeals [other than by a few retards].

Either ignore the letters, or pay up.

If you're losing your nerve then I seriously suggest that you pay the PPC the money and they will go away.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why then you're as thick and stupid as the moderators on here - MSE ForumTeam
  • PasturesNewPasturesNew Forumite
    70.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm shaking just reading this thread. I got a 'ticket' in mid March and haven't heard a thing yet.... but I know I will.... and I'll be scared too and come here for hugs/reassurance.
  • I'm shaking just reading this thread. I got a 'ticket' in mid March and haven't heard a thing yet.... but I know I will.... and I'll be scared too and come here for hugs/reassurance.

Please don't ...either pay the PPC or ignore it all.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why then you're as thick and stupid as the moderators on here - MSE ForumTeam
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides