We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Homebase this weekend

Options
Never had reason to post in this section, never done anything green fingerd before today. Anyway reason for post, the garden was in a right state and needed ripping up ao that I could start with a blank canvas. I have no gardening equipment what so ever and a trip to homebase was in order.

Needed a strimmer as it was the only thing I could think of that would get through the grass, weeds etc I ended up with a Black & Decker 350w strimmer was £49.99, reduced to £29.99 then reduced to £27.99 and this weekend they have 20% off so I payed £22.39.

Going back tomorrow to get spade, rake, lawn feed and seeds and some sort of boarder so the lawn and flower beds dont mix.

This maybe of no use but I thought that rather than posting rubbish in the Arms I would actually have a crack at doing something MSE :D

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport