Postage discount.

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Ebay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales
5 replies 436 views
AgutkaAgutka Forumite
2.4K Posts
I have specified in my listings (new idea, thank you apprentice tycoon) that I will combine postage for multiple purchases.
I have a buyer who has in the space of two hours bought two items, paying via PayPal immediately if seperately. Therefore in order to give the postage discount I will have to refund payments, somehow combine the two (Ebay sees them as seperate transactions as one was finished before the second happened) and hope the buyer gets back to me.
Do I really have to give my postage discount offer a huge paragraph in my listings detailing how you must finish shopping then wait for me to discount, then pay.
I'm really tempted to just post the two seperately, as I wouldn't have noticed if the two purchases hadn't ended up next to each other in My Ebay sold list.
Am I gibbering?
:wall:

Replies

• AgutkaAgutka Forumite
    2.4K Posts
    Aaarrgghh! He's just bought and paid for a third!! Nutter!

I knew putting my prices that low would have an effect! not gonna get rich at this rate, but I will have space under my feet...
    :wall:
  • It is aggravating. For starters, you've paid too much in paypal fees due to them making two payments!

For this reason at least I would refund and re-invoice.
    My TV is broken! :cry:
    Edit: refunded £515 for TV 1.5 years out of warranty - thank you Sale of Goods Act! :j
  • I've had this too, it's such a pain especially when you write in all your listings to wait for an invoice before paying. It is easier to post one parcel instead of three so I would just work out the P&P discount (taking into account the extra fees you've incurred) and refund it on one of the payments. It's probably easier than refunding the lot.

Loopy x
  • pennylane99pennylane99 Forumite
    5.8K Posts
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    if its too complicated...pop the difference in cash in with the package you send....
  • Agutka wrote:
    I have specified in my listings (new idea, thank you apprentice tycoon) that I will combine postage for multiple purchases.
    I have a buyer who has in the space of two hours bought two items, paying via PayPal immediately if seperately. Therefore in order to give the postage discount I will have to refund payments, somehow combine the two (Ebay sees them as seperate transactions as one was finished before the second happened) and hope the buyer gets back to me.
    Do I really have to give my postage discount offer a huge paragraph in my listings detailing how you must finish shopping then wait for me to discount, then pay.
    I'm really tempted to just post the two seperately, as I wouldn't have noticed if the two purchases hadn't ended up next to each other in My Ebay sold list.
    Am I gibbering?
    sorry to dissapoint you but lots of sellers give a discount for multiple purchases.
    Need to get rid of my Yankee Candle Habit, Not very money saving of me :)
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides

Cinema MoneySaving tips & tricks

Including year's 2for1 movies for £1

MSE Deals