Fidelity Special Situations Fund

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in ISAs & Tax-free Savings
3 replies 848 views
nemesis1985nemesis1985 Forumite
17 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in ISAs & Tax-free Savings
Hi.

Been looking into different funds and this one seems to be the most popular in the UK. Its performance has been fantastic over the past years, I'm just wondering if it would be a bad idea to invest in this fund with the changes it is going through? i.e. the split and the change of managers?

Replies

• nrsqlnrsql Forumite
    1.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    It's up to you.
    h-l have put it back in it's wealth 150.

It's not one of my best funds over the last few months - underperforming the uk all share index, but that's very short term.
    Seems to have coped reasonably last week though - only falling half a percent or so.

Think Anthony Bolton said he was positioning the fund defensively expecting lower gains or a fall from the UK market.
    He is running both funds at the moment but handing over the global in Jan - you might think running both might be a lot of work.
  • dunstonhdunstonh Forumite
    106.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    It was off the buy list (of any decent investment adviser) for most of the last 18 months due to increased charges and an unknown scenario. Fidelity recently removed the additional charge and it has been appearing back on the buy lists of some.

The future is still very much unknown with this fund though.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • thanks for the replies folk. prob gonna go for it. gonna get it and keep it going for 4-5 years or so. hopefully should do well.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Ultrafast broadband upgrades

Being made available to more English counties

MSE News

30+ ways to stop scams

Incl tips to spot 'em & what to do if you're scammed

MSE Guides

£37 of No7 beauty products for £12

Available online and in stores

MSE Deals