Hot Roast/Buffets - numbers?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Weddings & Anniversaries
3 replies 736 views
Lizzieb151Lizzieb151 Forumite
230 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Weddings & Anniversaries
I am having a hot roast for our wedding in September and plan to have a buffet along side but am unsure of numbers.

We expect approx 100 people & 20 odd kids so we were thinking that doing a buffet for 50 people and hog for 100-150 people - do you think that this will be enough??

Also we are having a meeting with the chef at our venue to let him know what we want for a buffet - what is there normally or what would be deemed acceptable in terms of a buffet?

It's a rather informal affair and kind of like an open house so there are people just popping in to join us for a drink.

I would hate to run out of food or have too much left over what do you guys think?

Thanks

Replies

• bubbles0169bubbles0169 Forumite
    6.2K Posts
    that would be tricky to judge because all may want to try the hog but you wont have enough or more might want the buffet, i would(and am!) have the hog for everyone then the baps, stuffing just a couple of salads on the side x
    I am not bossy I just have better ideas:p
  • LEJCLEJC Forumite
    9.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Personally I would allow at least 1 hog roast bap per person as this is the "main" part of your catering....and then have some items on the buffet that would suit all tastes as an additional to the hog roast.

Have you any vegetarians attending?
    if so do you have a hog roast substitute for them.....
    frugal October...£41.82 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

2017 toiletries challenge 179 out 145 in ...£18.64 spend
  • Lizzieb151Lizzieb151 Forumite
    230 Posts
    Thanks, so I'm thinking then that I don't need that much of a buffet then, I have one veggie coming so will make sure that she has something but everyone wants a hog!
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Card providers to reserve up to £100

When you pay at supermarket fuel pumps

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals