Halifax ISA Direct Reward - Withdrawal

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in ISAs & Tax-free Savings
4 replies 2K views
seh567seh567 Forumite
271 Posts
Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in ISAs & Tax-free Savings
Hi, have just opened this account and have requested transfer of funds from an existing Santander ISA.

I have registered online and can access my account but there does not seem to be an option to withdraw funds, ie make a transfer option. I am thinking this might be because I have only £1 deposit at the moment until above transfer has taken place.

Can someone tell me if there is an online option to request withdrawal transfers to another UK bank. I have a Lloyds bank account and was able to to transfer withdrawals to this bank account when my ISA was with Santandar via their online banking. I've trawled through the Halifax website but I can't find this information anywhere. All it says is that you can transfer payments between Halifax accounts.

I really don't want the hassle of telephoning them or going into a branch everytime I want to make a withdrawal.

Also my husband opened an account but despite having taken his identity into the local branch it is still asking for this information in online banking and is preventing access to the account. Does anyone know if this takes a few days to action.

Thanks in advance

Replies

• glider3560glider3560 Forumite
    4.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Online, you can only withdraw to another Halifax account. Over the phone, it is possible to have the money paid away.

The "loophole" is that by opening a Halifax Web Saver (with £1 and only takes a few seconds), you can then transfer money from the ISA into the Web Saver online then transfer that to an account held elsewhere from the Web Saver.

• seh567seh567 Forumite
    271 Posts
    ✭✭
    Last night I opened a joint bank account with them online and got an account number. Unfortunately this does not show up on the online banking so I am guessing it is because it is a joint account.

I looked at the web saver account but it said in the small print you can only make 1 withdrawal per year. Am I looking at the wrong product.

I am really cross about this because I thought that online banking mean't that you could manage online including withdrawals as I've always been able to do it with other providers. My husband has a bad speed impediment and has real problems with phone banking.
  • glider3560glider3560 Forumite
    4.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    The joint account should show. There is an option to add an account which doesn't show up on online banking, but I can't tell you where this is on the new layout. (It is under My Preferences on the old layout)

The Web Saver Extra allows one withdrawal per year. The Web Saver Variable allows unlimited withdrawals and also provides an ATM card.

• seh567seh567 Forumite
    271 Posts
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the information Glider but I have just called them. As you say the joint account should be ok but it takes a few days to activate after signup.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals