severe disability premium very disapointed

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Disability Money Matters
3 replies 957 views
today1121today1121 Forumite
64 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Disability Money Matters
hi, i get dla and am entitled to severe disability premium but i had a letter today to say i am not entitled to it as my son lives at home with me, but i rang them up about a year and a half ago to say that son had left home.. they still have him living at my house though so now they say i am not entitled to the sdp nor the back payment from october 2010..i,m very disapointed
is there anything i can do or is it just my bad luck that they have made a mistake..thankyou

Replies

• Provide them with proof of where he is now living, and when he moved out.
    Gone ... or have I?
  • Markoo_2Markoo_2 Forumite
    88 Posts
    If he has not lived their and you informed them then they should pay you the money back, as said if you can provide letters adressed to him at another adresse going back to the date that would be great but, your not required to show proof, he may have moved out and you no longer talk so have no idea where he is. if deffinetly informed them then they should pay out without a doubt
  • Markoo wrote: »
    If he has not lived their and you informed them then they should pay you the money back, as said if you can provide letters adressed to him at another adresse going back to the date that would be great but, your not required to show proof, he may have moved out and you no longer talk so have no idea where he is. if deffinetly informed them then they should pay out without a doubt

If the DWP have reason to doubt the OP's statement, they have every right to request evidence of the move.
    Gone ... or have I?
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals