Food intolerance/allergies

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Disability Money Matters
1 reply 715 views
darkrevdarkrev Forumite
478 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Disability Money Matters
Has any one managed to get a D-Hit histamine intolerance test on the NHS ? Can anyone advise me on an NHS route for this issue please. Other aspects related to this have already been explored.
Thanks for reading
Thank you to all the money savers:beer: for all the wisdom, companionship, bargains, competitions and ideas:T you have made a transformation to our household, Thank you, it would have been so much harder without you and together we are amazing :A:smileyhea

Replies

• dealchaserdealchaser Forumite
    108 Posts
    darkrev wrote: »
    Has any one managed to get a D-Hit histamine intolerance test on the NHS ? Can anyone advise me on an NHS route for this issue please. Other aspects related to this have already been explored.
    Thanks for reading

I managed to get this for my son about 8 years ago. It took months to finally get the test. He was only months old when he developed allergies and they were pretty resistant to testing him, I was even told the test did not exist. We have to see a dietician first and then it was arranged for him to have a test for milk allergies. The firstly rubbed milk and his lips to see what the reaction would be. They soon got a reaction and straight away decided that they would carry out a blood test. Once we had the blood test back it showed he was intolerant to nuts, dairy and eggs. It was not easy to get but worth it in the end.

I would ask for a referral to a dietician to start with and see where that goes.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals