Forum Home» The Money Savers Arms

Last thing you bought? - Page 293

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Money Savers Arms

Last ooorders!… We’re sorry but for now, due to resources, we need to close the Money Savers Arms including Discussion Time.

It’s not easy to write this. We love the forum, but we also have a job to do to protect it, our users and MoneySavingExpert, and at the moment, with all our resources focused on Coronavirus information, and all the team at home, we don’t feel we have the resources to do a good enough job.

For four months, we’ve been struggling to cope with the huge volumes of messages we’ve been getting from Forumites – many of whom are in desperate and dire straits with their finances. The team have been working all hours to try and keep on top of it. At first we thought it’d be a short sharp spike, but it isn’t, it’s continuing, so we have had some difficult choices to make about prioritisation.

Unfortunately in, and likely because of, these stressful times, the Forum team have also been receiving an increasing number of complaints about posts made on the Money Savers Arms and Discussion Time. The team have done what they can to try and walk the tightrope of balancing all the various interests, but for now we need to draw a line under this and temporarily close this Board, so we can keep the key, MoneySaving boards – where people are supporting each other through this crisis - running smoothly.

We know this board is important to you, but as the MSE stance has been forbearance throughout this crisis, now we ask that of you. We’re sorry. Of course you can post on other boards, but we’d ask you to stick to the subjects of those boards, and not use them as a surrogate Money Savers Arms or Discussion Time. And as always please be kind and friendly to each other, especially any newbies.

Thanks
MSE Forum Team

Last thing you bought?

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in The Money Savers Arms
6K replies 257.4K views

Replies

• Sheel wrote: »
    Lucky dip lottery tickets.

Oxo batter bowl and Ghostbusters 1 & 2 on dvd.

Snap, we've just bought two lucky dips as well :rotfl:

Tink, just seen your sig. If you'd like somebody to go to the match with you i'd be happy to :D I'm nice like that :p
    Life is short, smile while you still have teeth :D
  • Snap, we've just bought two lucky dips as well :rotfl:

Tink, just seen your sig. If you'd like somebody to go to the match with you i'd be happy to :D I'm nice like that :p

You could but you'll have to fight my OH for the ticket :rotfl:
  • You could but you'll have to fight my OH for the ticket :rotfl:

Î'm a lover not a fighter :rotfl:
  • notakidnotakid Forumite
    10.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brought a new winter coat yesterday from a well known discount store. Its perfect, waterproof, hood, fur lined but very smart and slimming!
    However when buying I noticed that it looked like it should have a belt but when I took it to the counter to pay they said unless there was another to compare it too there was nothing they could do. I paid the 70.00 plus but wasn't happy.

Today I went to the same store in a different area and saw my coat with the belt! They didn't have my size so I couldn't swap it so I confess I stole the belt.
    It really finishes the coat! :cool:

Also brought a lovely patchwork bedcover as my daughter ruined my other one by barbecuing.

And a new handbag, smart black leather, a little boring but it matches my coat. :A
    But if ever I stray from the path I follow
    Take me down to the English Channel
    Throw me in where the water is shallow And then drag me on back to shore!
    'Cos love is free and life is cheap As long as I've got me a place to sleep
    Clothes on my back and some food to eat I can't ask for anything more
  • notakid wrote: »
    Brought a new winter coat yesterday from a well known discount store. Its perfect, waterproof, hood, fur lined but very smart and slimming!
    However when buying I noticed that it looked like it should have a belt but when I took it to the counter to pay they said unless there was another to compare it too there was nothing they could do. I paid the 70.00 plus but wasn't happy.

Today I went to the same store in a different area and saw my coat with the belt! They didn't have my size so I couldn't swap it so I confess I stole the belt.
    It really finishes the coat! :cool:

Also brought a lovely patchwork bedcover as my daughter ruined my other one by barbecuing.

And a new handbag, smart black leather, a little boring but it matches my coat. :A
    I'm shocked at you nak! :naughty:

I hope you did better than I did Sheel, just one number on two lines :(

That means I'm back to work on Monday :cool:
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • Spent a fortune today refilling my fridge and freezer with meats and fish and seafood.

If any one is after steak Morrisons has a great deal on at just 7.49 a kilo!
  • Amazon stuff,

Oven gloves
    Medicated talc
    Halloween nail art stickers
    Halloween candles x2
    Rice strainer
    A new filter for my OHs air purifier
    Soluble Co-codamol
    Plasters
  • davsidippdavsidipp Forumite
    11.5K posts
    a new hair dryer from dagenham market,patent loafers from river island,boxer pants from next for grandson,and earl grey teabags from the 99p store.
    Before you point fingers,make sure your hands are clean !;)
  • 40 chicken fillets......yes i like chicken

lightweight jacket for OH
    2 tickets for 'The Wall' in manchester tomorrow night for OH and my son
    20 pairs trainer socks for Oh
    sennsheiner? headphones
    £80 tesco delivery
    500 mixed embellishments from china
    ikea glass desk for son
    coat from tk maxx for son [i wasnt there ,got a desperate phone call,mum can you transfer me £70 for this jacket should be £250,will pay you back promise......yeah right]
    Washman delivery. soap powder,conditioner,washing up liquid,jeyes,bleach,all 5 litre bottlesx2
    2 birthday cards from moonpig
    Shine on you crazy diamond..............
  • sweetmesweetme Forumite
    13.8K posts
    Chutzpah Haggler
    A bowler hat, a carpet bag and a red bow tie, for my brothers fancy dress party. You'd never work out from those purchases who I am going as :D