We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Seed potatoes reduced 50p 2kg B&Q norwich

Options
lisa535
lisa535 Posts: 87 Forumite
edited 21 March 2011 at 9:56PM in Gardening
Sorry if this has already been posted - i did look and couldnt see it anywhere.

Just back from B&Q in Norwich (the one on the ringroad near asda) they had loads and loads of 2kg bags of seed potatoes were £3.48 been reduced to 50p. Cant remember them all but had king ed. charlotte, nicola, desiree, and a few others which i didnt get.

they may have fixed it now but this was on offer at 2 bags for £6.(instead of £3.48 each)

I bought other things and when this went through till got them for 50p a bag but it also took off a further 96p for every 2 bags. so i got 4 bags for 8p!!!! :j:j:j lady on till couldnt work out what was wrong and said she couldnt be bothered to query it - so they may have fixed it now but still 50p a 2kg is a good price. No need for chitting, its already been done!!! plenty of shoots on them

Comments

• Daisymaisy
    Daisymaisy Posts: 227 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Although they had discounted them to 50p in store the system was still taking 48p off each bag for the buy 2 for £6 offer therefore each bag cost you:
    50-48 = 2p so 4 bags =8p

No real mystery but a cracking bargain :beer:
  • cubegame
    cubegame Posts: 2,042 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    They had them cheap in the B&Q I was in yesterday (Tunbridge Wells). Too many long white sprouts to be of any use IMHO.
  • lisa535
    lisa535 Posts: 87 Forumite
    Options
    DaisyMaisy i know it was no real mystery and i knew myself what the calculation was. but it was 15 mins before closing and the cashier couldnt be bothered to work out the problem and put it right on the till.

Like cubegame said they do have long shoots on them, but i've been told if i break the really long ones off there should be enough smaller ones for it to be ok, going to give it a go and see what happens.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure