We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Planting bulbs late

Options
i have found some bulbs we got last september but forgot to plant is it to late to plant them now or do i have to bin them. 2 out of the 3 types are showing signs of growth with short buds/roots showing

Comments

• sirbrainy
    sirbrainy Posts: 2,749 Forumite
    Options
    Stick 'em in, it will save them from rotting and they should certainly flower next year and good chance they'll be OK this year just late
  • SailorSam
    SailorSam Posts: 22,754 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    If you don't plant them they're only going in the bin, so what have you got to lose.
    If they grow, great. If they don't, they're not doing any harm in the ground.
    Liverpool is one of the wonders of Britain,
    What it may grow to in time, I know not what.

Daniel Defoe: 1725.
  • youngie
    youngie Posts: 999 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I done the same thing previously I planted mine last year I only got leaves and a few stunted blooms this year is looking better the crocus are already looking good and the daffs are coming on nicely so go for it plant them and hope for the best you've got nothing to lose
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure