Free £1 at topcashback for kapersky trial

£1 for downloading a free trial of kapersky. There are three listed so maybe a possible £3. Available till 6th March.
http://www.topcashback.co.uk/kaspersky_uk/

Comments

• john_howard_fisher
    john_howard_fisher Posts: 225 Forumite
    edited 26 February 2011 at 6:29PM
    thanks. just downloaded. my avg virus guard kicked in and said "backdoor trojan" found. this was the only thing i was downloading. sorry just to add i downloaded all three. anyone else had this problem?
    Martin you rock:j:j:j
  • forever.insane
    forever.insane Posts: 653 Forumite
    edited 26 February 2011 at 7:15PM
    As the 3 listings are for 3 different versions, I assume if you download all 3 versions, you get all free cashback.

Also, the listing says nothing about 1 claim per person and the important information says:

"Recurrences may be limited."

I assume we can claim a couple of times. Worth a try (a week apart).
    thanks. just downloaded. my avg virus guard kicked in and said "backdoor trojan" found. this was the only thing i was downloading. sorry just to add i downloaded all three. anyone else had this problem?

It's called a 'false positive'. AVG detected it because the coding of the Kaspersky looks suspicious. It' is actually clean and won't do any damage, thus the name false positive.

If you decide you like Kaspersky, all Barclays online banking users (free service) can get a 1 year free full subscription.
    Thought for the day: each generation of mankind tends to hug the illusion of having reached the culmination of human achievement. Yet, as we scoff at our groping ancestors, so our descendants will surely scoff at us.

-C.F Harriss - Worthing at War - August 17 1941
  • lolly333
    lolly333 Posts: 204 Forumite
    I've been waiting since August last year for cashback from Topcashback for a Kaspersky purchase, so don't hold your breath!
  • 7roland8
    7roland8 Posts: 3,601 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Hi don't ever download anything - it says 15 day trial - do we have to cancel anying afterwards?
    Great opportunities to help others seldom come, but small ones surround us every day. -- Sally Koch
  • r2d25aa
    r2d25aa Posts: 177 Forumite
    I just downloaded them and decided to cancel them seriously as if its going to track down onto your computer and your installation. Are there any instructions?
  • 7roland8 wrote: »
    Hi don't ever download anything - it says 15 day trial - do we have to cancel anying afterwards?

Its a 15 day free trial - after its been used, you either need to go to the kaspersky site and purchase a license or uninstall it. They won't ask for any bank details until you decide to buy it, if you do that is.
    r2d25aa wrote: »
    I just downloaded them and decided to cancel them seriously as if its going to track down onto your computer and your installation. Are there any instructions?

The Topcashback listing says download, not installation. So just download it then delete the download file. Simple.
    Thought for the day: each generation of mankind tends to hug the illusion of having reached the culmination of human achievement. Yet, as we scoff at our groping ancestors, so our descendants will surely scoff at us.

• The Topcashback listing says download, not installation. So just download it then delete the download file. Simple.

I just downloaded it last night and then deleted it, but wasn't sure it would work. I've just checked and it HAS tracked!
  • I just downloaded it last night and then deleted it, but wasn't sure it would work. I've just checked and it HAS tracked!

Thanks for confirming it - mine hasn't yet tracked - although the bloody haven deal is blocking half my transactions. :(

If its alphabetical then it hasn't yet tracked. I'll give it a week before making a claim.

• Thanks for confirming it - mine hasn't yet tracked - although the bloody haven deal is blocking half my transactions. :(

If its alphabetical then it hasn't yet tracked. I'll give it a week before making a claim.

It is alphabetical and the good news is that annoying Haven ad has gone (for now!).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure