Help with a surprise 30th

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in N. Ireland
3 replies 866 views
Irishmummyof2Irishmummyof2 Forumite
186 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in N. Ireland
Hubby is the big 30 in april and never really had a party. So I have decided to throw him one. We are in the lisburn area, so if anyone could recommed anywhere that hires out function rooms with a bar and lets you bring kids, would be much appreciated.
Also am thinking about food, if you were a guest would you prefer hot or cold buffet? I dont know whether to go to the hassle of doing it myself or hiring someone if the venue doesnt offer food. I really dont want to spend a fortune and would be hopefully around 50 guests.
Thanks
I would like to be able to admire a man’s opinions as I would his dog - without being expected to take it home with me."
- Frank A. Clark

Replies

• My friend had a surprise 40th at the Hilden Brewery which was hired out. There was 2 functions on the go at the time. Someone else was having a 60th inside and her's was outside with a barbecue.(it was June!!) We found it very good, plently of space, good atomosphere and there was room for a band. Although there no kids at either of the do's, I wouldn't have thought there would be a problem. Don't know what the prices where like.
  • Thanks, will try and phone them now.
    I would like to be able to admire a man’s opinions as I would his dog - without being expected to take it home with me."
    - Frank A. Clark
  • jjdjjd Forumite
    216 Posts
    Lisburn raquets club is good for a private party. Been to a few parties there and always found them to be friendly and alcohol / soft drinks are at club prices.
    Plenty of kids at the parties I was at and it didn't seem to be a problem at all.
    Sorry don't know prices but i'm sure you can google their number.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides