We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Help needed with herbs please

Options
My mum recently bought me some herb pots which were on offer in L**l. I have had them on the kitchen windowsill for a week or so but the leaves all seem to be going brown (on the tips). I'm not sure what I am doing wrong with them, any tips gratefully received :)

Just in case, they are parsley and basil.
GC 2023 June £72/500 NSDs 1/10

Comments

• Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    They have come from a large, probably Dutch nursery greenhouse, where conditions were ideal. On the way to you they may have been frosted or chilled in transport, or your kitchen is not an ideal environment, and the lack of humidity in particular may be taking its toll.

They won't necessarily die, but at this time of year it's hard to keep things going well indoors, as light levels are low.
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,345 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    What herbs are they?

Some will thrive outside later
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure