The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

Am I entitled to reclaim phone insurance payments

whoops_a_daisy_2
whoops_a_daisy_2 Posts: 1 Newbie
i have stupidly been paying phone insurance since 2007 to present for a phone that has not been in use for years. Now I have realised I have cancelled the direct debit but the insurance company states that I am not entitled to any refund. Does anyone know if I can prove the phone has not been in use(via the service provider orange) could I claim for a refund.

i understand that is my error but surely no one should pay insurance on an item they can prove was not in use?

any help is much appreciated.

Comments

• lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,543
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    If you were insured for theft of or damage to the phone, then you would not be entitled to any refund.
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,816
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    How did you not notice for nearly 4 years.:eek:

Just be sure you have actually cancelled the insurance with the company
    Cancelling the DD doesnt cancel the insurance so they could still chase you for it.
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport