🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Credit Checks

Options
I have a Natwest current account with cheque book and debit card, which I opened just before going into an IVA (asked for a basic account -- but they opened a cheque account -- no overdraft facility though). I want to open one of their e-savers accounts, but am worried they will do another credit check, which will not be as rosy, and close my account.

Do they credit check e-saver accounts ???

Comments

• FoggyBrain_2
    FoggyBrain_2 Posts: 1,121 Forumite
    Options
    anyone know ?
  • james32_uk
    james32_uk Posts: 1,223 Forumite
    Options
    I would expect not but why take the risk? You shouldnt really have any savings whilst in an IVA anyway?
    Debt as at 12th July 2006 - £61,345 :eek: :eek: :eek:
    Debt free 21st Oct 2011.

All thanks to :money:
  • FoggyBrain_2
    Options
    Why not James? There's the contigency fund to squirrel away.
  • Barkley_2
    Options
    Im with nationwide. I opened the account when I had to get one that was not connected to my creditors. After the IVA was started and I knew what was incoming and what was outgoing, I opened an e-saver account online with no problems. I just opened it with £10 and a few days later, it was activated on my online banking account. The only difference between your account and mine is that mine is a flex account with no overdraft or cheque book facility.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport