We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

New allotment!

Options
jonewer
jonewer Posts: 1,485 Forumite
Just got my new lottie! :D

Though havent been to see it yet and its only a half plot, I'm really keen to get going. Come on Spring!

First off will be to move a load of raspberrys from the garden to the plot. Do I just dig up the rhizomes and transplant?
Mortgage debt - [STRIKE]£8,811.47 [/STRIKE] Paid off!

Comments

• Sally_A
    Sally_A Posts: 2,266 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Basically, yes. After they are established you will have to gauge whether they are summer or autumn fruiting and prune accordingly.

The first harvest may be a bit sparse.
  • dogcat_2
    dogcat_2 Posts: 21,401 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Well done! I am also a newbie on the allotment front....got mine (3.5 rods) in Oct. and because of the bad weather..not been able to plant yet.
  • nodwah
    nodwah Posts: 1,742 Forumite
    Options
    Congratulations!

Start doing some exercises for your back now!!! :D
    Just call me Nodwah the thread killer
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing