Struggling I need Help!

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Disability Money Matters
2 replies 797 views
jai247jai247 Forumite
85 Posts
Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Disability Money Matters
Hi
I am a 29 year old man who is on Job Seekers allowance, and has Crohn's Disease. For about 3 years now I have been trying to fight Depression due to my condition and not being able to find a full time job.
I cant seem to get my life going and am in desperate need of help and guidance really. Nothing seems to be going well in my life and the main thing I really need is a job, which I cant find.
I have a degree in Photography but would really like to work in the film industry.
I cant seem to get a break in my life and could really do with some help.
I don't know if I have posted this in the right section and apologise if I have.
If anyone can help it would be much appreciated.
Thanks

Replies

• As a former employer of scores of people in the current economic climate I looked for candidates who even though unemployed carried out unpaid work in their chosen field. On the CV, it would be the first question, on more than one occasion I allowed in one of our businesses a volunteer convert into an employee or went out of our way to get them a job.

That would be one of my suggestions, don't let you illness be the preventer of getting back into work. Show you can work just as well as the next person.

btw, it only took three to four weeks in every case.
  • SystemSystem Forumite
    177.9K Posts
    10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Are there any universities or colleges near you? I ask because i had friends who were post grads who needed people to help with their films. I was a runner on one, it was long hours and unpaid but its experience at the end of the day.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals