Whats going on at boiler juice oil prices?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in N. Ireland
9 replies 6.6K views
martin57martin57 Forumite
774 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in N. Ireland
Hello all,

I thought the whole idea of boiler juice site was to save us money. Priced 500 litres came up at £322, local quotes are £271 and £269. North west area.

Wonder what is going on here?
martin57

Replies

• sleepymysleepymy Forumite
    6.1K Posts
    Are the companies with the cheaper quotes on the boilerjuice list?
    The stupid things you do, you regret... if you have any sense, and if you don't regret them, maybe you're stupid. - Katharine Hepburn
  • Noticed that before xmas, Carlise fuels were nearly £20 cheaper direct than via boilerjuice
  • edited 28 December 2010 at 2:31PM
    gawa75gawa75 Forumite
    196 Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    edited 28 December 2010 at 2:31PM
    Noticed that before xmas, Carlise fuels were nearly £20 cheaper direct than via boilerjuice

I've never ordered through boiler juice for that reason. Always seem to be a bit dearer than other companies, although only by a couple of pounds. Anyway, any quote I give to maxol, they have ALWAYS matched. Ive ordered with maxol now the last 4 or 5 times in a row.

^^^^absoluteutopia^^^^, although your avatar is meant to be a joke with C.R, i still find it offputting and annoying having to see her face - please change :(;)
  • BigcammyBigcammy Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Boilerjuice ios no longer an independent company, try http://www.cheapestoil.co.uk/Heating-Oil-NI.aspx
    Norn Iron Club Member No. 252 :beer:
  • edited 10 February 2011 at 1:58PM
    Paul989Paul989 Forumite
    13 Posts
    Tenth Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 10 February 2011 at 1:58PM
    I have had it with boilerjuice! Never again will I order from them, we ordered 6 weeks ago and still no delivery - we got in when the price was low, and now they are only supplying to those who are paying the top [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM] prices. [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM] Both me and my son have run out a week ago, we told them - made no difference. They want us to cancel now as we ordered at a low price and they want us to pay twice as much!

Where else can we go [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM] ( Petersfield in Hants area.? ) Need oil fast, now putting diesel oil in to keep the boiler going, not good but we have no choice. My view - dont buy from boilerjuice!
  • Old_GitOld_Git Forumite
    4.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Cashback Cashier
    ✭✭✭✭
    I used to buy from maxol as they price matched and delivered via the front door .
    The last time I phoned them they refused to price match ,I ordered from Bangor fuels ,then the next order was eastside fuels . Have you tried cheapest oil
    "Do not regret growing older, it's a privilege denied to many"
  • I agree! I had previously used boiler juice for maybe last 3/4 deliveries as after looking around, they were cheaper, but on my last fill up before Christmas they were a good £20 more than the cheapest one I could find!

Unless they get their act together, they've definitely lost this customer!
    Norn Iron Member 383
  • edited 29 March 2011 at 11:52AM
    CesKrinCesKrin Forumite
    4 Posts
    edited 29 March 2011 at 11:52AM
    I ordered a boiler juice from them, we order it 4 weeks ago and I haven't got it deliver it to my place.. I also got lower price [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM]
  • jtk174jtk174 Forumite
    349 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    I did use them once and they were the cheapest, but that was in October.
    However the delivery driver had written the amount delivered on the docket. Ususally it would be printed.

My watchman gauge didn't go up as much as I had thought it would, so I wouldn't do that again.

I did complain to boilerjuice but they didn't reply. Not sure if there is a legal requirement to stamp the delivery docket or not. If anyone knows, please reply.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

Cuts announced to alcohol and air passenger duties

And the levy on fuel frozen for 12th year in a row

MSE News

Autumn Budget 2021: full round-up

From minimum wage increases to fuel duty freezes

MSE News