hard wearing carpet suggestions

looking to carpet 2 flights of stairs (in a maisonette) and 2 landing areas in a light colour carpet. Can you get stain resistant woven stuff that has very short, if any pile height?
And what sort of cost is it per m2? Am i going to be paying through the nose for the stuff?

many thanks in advance

Replies

• shown73shown73 Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Carpetright has some synthetic stuff that we're thinking about. Guaranteed stain and fade resistant, not too dear either, I think around a tenner per yard, or so. They actually use it to carpet their showrooms, apparently, so if it's good enough for that......
  • I suggest that you check out your local independant carpet shop - who will be able to advise you on the correct product for your needs. NB They will have a much larger selection available than your large superstores and are usually just as good on price!
    I'm mad!!!! :rotfl::jand celebrating everyday every year!!!
  • NileNile Forumite, Board Guide
    14.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello glenbat

We have a high wool content carpet on the stairs, it's 12 years old and no signs of wear.;)
    Hi, I'm the Board Guide on the In my home (includes DIY) and the I wanna buy-it or do-it boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember that Board Guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to [email protected]. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com.

10 Dec 2007 - Led Zeppelin - I was there. :j :cool2: I wear my 50 (gold/red/white) blood donations pin badge with pride. Give blood, save a life.
  • Anything Polypropelene....they are bleach cleanable..dont fade, cant absorb moisture(hence satin resistance is fantastic) and cheap to boot
    :confused:I have nothing better to do!!!!:confused:
  • hardpressedhardpressed Forumite
    2.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Avoid getting a solid colour as they show every mark. Something tweedy is much better.
  • Anything Polypropelene....they are bleach cleanable..dont fade, cant absorb moisture(hence satin resistance is fantastic) and cheap to boot
    This blokes right. Most people say 80/20 is the best but polyprop is bionic and unstainable. They have to make the fibres the final colour during manufacture.
    Cash ISA rate 6.5% fixed for 2 years. Mortgage rate 0.75% = 5.75% profit on £75K = £4500 per year:j
    Mortgages make money. Definitely don't wanabee mortgage free!
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides