What can you tell me about the new Work Choice programme?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Disability Money Matters
2 replies 1.2K views
EltonJohnFanEltonJohnFan
316 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Disability Money Matters
Hi all, hope you're safe and well this morning and the weather isn't too bad :)

I asked a similar question a few weeks ago and didn't get a response but that's OK because I understand that "Work Choice" is new and maybe not a lot of people have heard of it (yet). I am due to move onto this programme as a result of meeting with the Disability Employment Advisor at the Jobcentre who said that it's definitely for people in my situation and I also work privately with another lady who supports me because I have extensive needs and she's been such a great help in my search for employment. I can't seem to find out very much about the "Work Choice" programme though and nobody seems to be able to tell me anything about it which is leaving me somewhat worried in case it's something that's not going to be right for me and will put me in a situation where I don't have the proper support to look for/find work and will end up being forced into a job which I won't be able to do and will, most likely, end back up at square one again. I really hope there's someone out there that's heard of this programme and could perhaps give me a little information on it. I don't want to keep mentioning what my disabilities are as I've done this in quite a few previous posts but they are extensive and as a result of that finding (and keeping) a job is a challenge in itself as very few employers seem willing to give you a change in the first place. Thanks and have a good day everyone.

Replies

• Hi all, hope you're safe and well this morning and the weather isn't too bad :)

I asked a similar question a few weeks ago and didn't get a response but that's OK because I understand that "Work Choice" is new and maybe not a lot of people have heard of it (yet). I am due to move onto this programme as a result of meeting with the Disability Employment Advisor at the Jobcentre who said that it's definitely for people in my situation and I also work privately with another lady who supports me because I have extensive needs and she's been such a great help in my search for employment. I can't seem to find out very much about the "Work Choice" programme though and nobody seems to be able to tell me anything about it which is leaving me somewhat worried in case it's something that's not going to be right for me and will put me in a situation where I don't have the proper support to look for/find work and will end up being forced into a job which I won't be able to do and will, most likely, end back up at square one again. I really hope there's someone out there that's heard of this programme and could perhaps give me a little information on it. I don't want to keep mentioning what my disabilities are as I've done this in quite a few previous posts but they are extensive and as a result of that finding (and keeping) a job is a challenge in itself as very few employers seem willing to give you a change in the first place. Thanks and have a good day everyone.

Hi

This is the booklet that goes with this scheme:

http://employment.btcv.org.uk/Introducing_Work_Choice.pdf
  • Thank you for a great link!
    I'm now much more at easy with the whole thing :)
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Ultrafast broadband upgrades

Being made available to more English counties

MSE News

30+ ways to stop scams

Incl tips to spot 'em & what to do if you're scammed

MSE Guides

£37 of No7 beauty products for £12

Available online and in stores

MSE Deals