We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Planting out winter pansies : Is it time yet ?I got some winter pansy plug plants abo

Options
WLM21
WLM21 Posts: 1,506 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
I got some winter pansy plug plants about 3 weeks ago.

When they arrived I put each plug into a 2" pot and put them all in the greenhouse (unheated)

is it time to put them in the garden yet ?

[FONT=&quot]There are no roots visible yet at the bottom of the pots, so it may be a we bit too early.

thanks for any advice
[/FONT]

Comments

• alanobrien
    alanobrien Posts: 3,308 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I put mine out about a month ago, they are quite well established now. I would want to see a reasonable root structure before they go in in the ground.

The plants i bought were 2" square plugs from a local supplier so quite a reasonable size to start with.
  • skoots
    skoots Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    I got 42 mini-plugs from T&M (I think) about a month ago. I put them straight into three tiered containers, the chickens got the bottom layer :(, but those that survived are starting to bud.
  • Linda32
    Linda32 Posts: 4,385 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yes, I'd get them out as soon as possible, pots might be the best bet now, rather than cold soil.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure