We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

perennial 'littles'

Options
Hi everyone. Couple (or more!) queries from a newbie to gardening and to this forum, although I have been 'lurking' for a while, just reading the posts.
Ok, here goes. I bought a good few perennial plants from T & M a few weeks ago. The first plants, 3 decent size plugs of red hot pokers (obviously not in bloom) arrived quickly. the foliage was quite small, as one would expect, As they were quite small, I potted them on in order to give the a chance, (the weather here in Oldham has been abysmal for weeks!) Anyway, these littles have been sitting on my kitchen windowsill, merrily enjoying the light. The foliage has grown like Topsy - now what do I do? Do I plant them out,- bear in mind the soil has had a right hammering with the rain, and is wet through - or do I keep them in the kitchen? If I keep them indoors will they start to flower now? (really far too early, they will have died down by next spring)
Also, the rest of my plant order has arrived today - again small plug perennials. What do I do with them? We have already had a couple of hard frosts in October. I don't want to kill them off. I do not have a glass greenhouse, only a plastic covered 4 tier thingy.
Any constructive advice much appreciated, thanks in advance.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport