Battle over my lost refund

Options
Hi everyone,

I have been expecting a refund from my university about 3 months ago. I have received a confirmation from RBS that the refund had been issued. However, I have never received this refund to my Barclays account. I have contacted RBS, who gave me the ARN number, and also they told me that they were unable to trace funds since they had already left RBS. In addition, as the ARN had been generated, that means my refund had been transferred successfully to my account. On the other hand, I have talked to the customer service manager at Barclays who ensured me that they have never received any funds with such ARN. Also, they have checked my account and no refunds had arrived to my account from RBS ever before.

Basically, now RBS tells me that I should investigate with Barclays, while Barclays tells me the opposite. I wonder whether anyone has
experience dealing with such situation?

Comments

• Twister84
    Options
    I'd speak to your university and ask them how/when the transfer was done, and to which bank account number/sort code it was sent to.

Also, how have RBS managed to to tell you details about the transaction, when the account it came from isn't in your name?
    Anything that I do say, is strictly my opinion :p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport