A New start for HalloweenQueen

Well today i start to sort myself out hence the name it is after all "All Hallows Eve"

After a messy break up and being left with lots of the Ex's debt i am sorting myself out and get back to being the normal me.

I thought i would join on here and keep track of everything and it may be a new way to make some new friends its a bit lonely after a break up isn't it.

I feel that everyone seems very friendly on here after lurking for a while & finally deciding to join.

Rebecca :A

Replies

• Congrats for joining :D. I haven't been on here long and everyone has been lovely. One of the most helpful tools is filling out a SOA which details income and expenditure showing you what's left for debt overpayments. There are loads of ideas where to save money and once you post your SOA people will suggest ways to cut back. This does become quite addictive as there is so much support - good luck on your journey back to being you xxx
    Loan - [STRIKE]£6991.95[/STRIKE]£6180.01; Barclays Res - [STRIKE]£600[/STRIKE] £0 - £22 per week :eek:, NWB Grad O/D - [STRIKE]£1185[/STRIKE] £887.86 18.28% SWALEC - [STRIKE]£700[/STRIKE] £0 NPOWER [STRIKE]£220[/STRIKE] £0 Kays - [STRIKE]£591.28[/STRIKE] £0 TOTAL DEBT - [STRIKE]£10,288.23[/STRIKE] £7,000.01 31.96 % Paid off. BS Fund - £1 Savings Fund - £41.17 % Challenge Member 1
  • beanieloubeanielou Forumite
    82.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Welcome to MSE :grin:
    Happy shiney new diary.
    Keep posting!
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~**
    MFW. Finally mortgage free February 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
  • ixiaixia Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    good luck on your journey I don't have a diary but have taken a lot of inspiration from these boards. everyone is very helpful.
  • mandz1mandz1 Forumite
    2.5K Posts
    hey! happy new diary! im in a similar situation to you, having broken up with my ex in may and left with alot of debt in my name that he racked up. i wish you all the best on your debt free journey and you will get lots of support here as every1 is so friendly and helpful.
    GOOD LUCK!
    PAD Maker
  • Thank you, this week has been good so far managed to pay a couple of old bills and sold some things on Ebay.

Thanks for your lovely replies the warm welcome is really nice.

Managed to save £6.98 in loose change this week mainly coppers but i have out them in my money box for a treat for me when i have saved enough.
  • beanieloubeanielou Forumite
    82.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Great news on paying some old bills & on ebay sales.
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~**
    MFW. Finally mortgage free February 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
  • Thank you, this week has been good so far managed to pay a couple of old bills and sold some things on Ebay.

Hi HQ (hope you don`t mind the abbreviation )

Good luck Hun....& remember every journey starts with those few small steps.

Ebay is great as it clears the clutter as well as giving you some extra pennies to spend....& don`t forget the occasional treat for youself too.....being debt free is great but you need to enjoy the journey at the same time.

Angiexx
  • Well today i start to sort myself out hence the name it is after all "All Hallows Eve"

After a messy break up and being left with lots of the Ex's debt i am sorting myself out and get back to being the normal me.

I thought i would join on here and keep track of everything and it may be a new way to make some new friends its a bit lonely after a break up isn't it.

I feel that everyone seems very friendly on here after lurking for a while & finally deciding to join.

Rebecca :A

Maybe start by giving a bit more background info ( of course you don`t have to) but its usual for folks to share (& often helps to offload) a bit of their past & what they want to achieve going forward.

Then you will get so many more offers of suggestions on how to try & reach your goals.

Angiexx
  • Thanks so much for your posts.

So Sad Angel, Basically had a complete nasty boyf who spent my money was lazy hardly went to work and got credit cards in my name. He had a gambling addiction. Anyway i listened to my friends and my Mother and eventually saw for what he was.

I have managed to clear two off them off over last few months and have 3 more to tackle luckily two are interest free so i am going to be credit card hopping for a bit while i clear them off. I have quite a good job and salary and can cover more than the minimum payments each month and selling some old stuff on Ebay certainly helps. i am amazed at what people buy.

Rebecca
  • vwelsh13vwelsh13 Forumite
    259 Posts
    good for you girl - all the best - if you ever want to "chat" get in touch xx
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Check your Clubcard vouchers

Use our trick to extend them

MSE News

Preparing for summer

What MoneySaving things can you do now to get ready?

MSE Forum

Hot Diamonds 40% off code

Including already-reduced outlet stock

MSE Deals