My Challenge!!

Right let me tell you a little bit about myself. I am 23 and I am an administrator and PA to an Area manager and earn hardly anything (less than £1000) a month!! I went to University and unlike alot of my friends by mother didnt give me a penny and hard to work pretty hard for everything I had or wanted. I took out a credit card and went to my limit just on basic things like food as my rent for my university was so high. I then took a loan to pay off the credit card e.t.c.

Its now got well out of hand I am on the verge of breaking down!! However I was thinking to myself, Am I really that bad off, I have a job, I have a home and food, So stop moaning and do something about all this!!

So Step one, I need to pay £2 or however much it is (tried the free one's online and it doesnt seem to work) get my credit report to see exactly who I owe money to (I havent been paying my debts for a while, I been burying my head in the sand) and writing to them all, explaining my situation and see how much they will accept off me

I know I have been very stupid but I am not a bad person and have realised the error of my ways, and am and WILL put them right!!

Any suggestions or advice is geatly appreciated

Wish me luck

Replies

• EssexHebrideanEssexHebridean Forumite
    16.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Good luck!

If you're a member of TopCashBack or Quidco then take out one of the free trials for the credit reference people , you'll get cashback on it and just need to remember to cancel it before the trial finishes to avoid geting charged. Bear in mind also that it is possible to make a fairly simple £9 a month for free from each of those cashback sites the moment.

Get your SOA (Statement of affairs) posted up on here or the main DFW board too - there are some whizzes on here who will have it pulled apart and will find you money you didn't know you had!
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE 30/09/2016 🎉
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    2022 "Gym Neutral Fund" - £112.67/£330 (Membership taken 24/1/22)🏋🏻♀️ 2022/23 Gym cost per use: at 20/01/23 £6.60 per visit! (50) 🏋🏻♀️
    she/her
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Check your Clubcard vouchers

Use our trick to extend them

MSE News

Preparing for summer

What MoneySaving things can you do now to get ready?

MSE Forum

Hot Diamonds 40% off code

Including already-reduced outlet stock

MSE Deals