Credit report, have no credit

Options
Hi guys, and I'm very very sorry to ask the same question again, but I need to know about my own report.

I got my credit report from Experian today, it is clean but my rating is 359 which is very very poor. I have a bank a/c with natwest which I opened 3 months ago, before that I was using my wifes a/c as I travelled a lot so didnt get a bank a/c or any cards or loans.

I applied for a capital one card and yes I get rejected, that's why i got my credit report.

Now that I have my report and it's very poor, how can I approve my credit rating? No one will give me credit and I can't approve my rating without credit.

I have my report in front of me which I don't have any CCj or other lenders on my report.

Is there anyone who can help me out on what I can do.

Many Thanks

London Guy

Comments

• stephane_2
    stephane_2 Posts: 3,076 Forumite
    Options
    Your Experian credit score does not mean anything so I would not bother, save your money...as each and every lender will have different criteria to assess you before granting you credit.
    You must ensure that you are on electoral roll at current address, do you have a mobile phone that would show, that could help.
    You have been declined by Capital One but that does not mean that everyone will, have you tried your own bank? Otherwise you could try your luck with Vanquis.
  • Tixy
    Tixy Posts: 31,455 Forumite
    Options
    Hi

Was it the capital one progress card you went for? If so it might be worth trying vanquis who are a little lower down the 'ladder' for most.

Are you having wages paid into your natwest account? you could try talking to them and seeing if they would be likely to give you a credit card (they might give you an indication without doing a full credit check).

Aside from that you may need to consider a prepaid card - have a read of this article http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cards/bad-credit-credit-cards for some ideas
    A smile enriches those who receive without making poorer those who give
    or "It costs nowt to be nice"
  • PNPSUKNET
    PNPSUKNET Posts: 4,265 Forumite
    Options
    try and get a catalogue to build your history up
  • Londonguy29
    Options
    stephane wrote: »
    Your Experian credit score does not mean anything so I would not bother, save your money...as each and every lender will have different criteria to assess you before granting you credit.
    You must ensure that you are on electoral roll at current address, do you have a mobile phone that would show, that could help.
    You have been declined by Capital One but that does not mean that everyone will, have you tried your own bank? Otherwise you could try your luck with Vanquis.

Thanks for the information, I even couldnt get a mobile contract on my name, that's how bad it is.
  • Londonguy29
    Londonguy29 Posts: 21 Forumite
    edited 6 October 2010 at 1:26PM
    Options
    Tixy wrote: »
    Hi

Was it the capital one progress card you went for? If so it might be worth trying vanquis who are a little lower down the 'ladder' for most.

Are you having wages paid into your natwest account? you could try talking to them and seeing if they would be likely to give you a credit card (they might give you an indication without doing a full credit check).

Thanks no it was a capital one credit building one, can't believe I got rejected for it. Yeah I think I will have to take the pre-paid one, thanks for the information
  • Tixy
    Tixy Posts: 31,455 Forumite
    Options
    Are you on the electoral roll?
    A smile enriches those who receive without making poorer those who give
    or "It costs nowt to be nice"
  • Londonguy29
    Options
    Tixy wrote: »
    Are you on the electoral roll?

Yes I am, I moved from my old address after 3 and half years to my new address last year in Novemeber 2009 and was put on the electrol roll in June 2010.
  • Londonguy29
    Londonguy29 Posts: 21 Forumite
    edited 7 October 2010 at 10:53AM
    Options
    Yes I am, I moved from my old address after 3 and half years to my new address last year in Novemeber 2009 and was put on the electrol roll in June 2010, as I voted this year
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure